Saturday, January 15, 2011

Kohlrabi Pickles

*Pictures to come*

This is absolutely delicious and is the only pickled thing my daughter will eat.

Take your kohlrabi, peel the outside, trim it up and slice it evenly. I typically use my mandolin for this.

In a glass bowl with a lid (or plastic, whatever you have on hand) mix:

olive oil
white vinegar with a pinch of sugar dissolved in it
salt
pepper

I don't have exact measurements, because it really depends on your taste and how many pickles you're making. Do you want them lightly coated? Drenched? A happy medium? Mix up as much as you need and season it to taste. I like mine a little more salty, but that's just me.

Cover them and keep them in the fridge. They're good for one week (although they never last that long here). Remember to shake the container up occasionally to keep the pickles coated.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment