Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm Nesting!

Finally! I was beginning to think something is wrong with me! Granted, I've been working on editing family shoots from the end of last year, setting up family shoots for the summer, editing the remaining weddings from last year and getting paperwork and orders done. I haven't been slacking... just not behaving like a normal pregnant woman.



But I got the nesting bug tonight - at 10pm. I probably should have taken before pictures to compare the afters to, but I was so concentrated on doing it that I didn't think of it until after the fact.



Here's what I've accomplished tonight:



Scrubbed the mess out of one of the tubs. We're in the country so our water leaves horrible stains everywhere. It's not a task I could do by myself with Audrey around, and I kept asking my husband to do it. My requests fell on deaf ears. So, I went in there tonight right before bath time and used an entire Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I'm going to pick up more tomorrow to finish the job. :) It still isn't done, but it's a marked improvement. It's not like the tub was filthy as in moldy... just stained from the water. We're not THAT bad.



Moved the baker's rack with the diapers and blankets from the play room into the living room.



Moved the changing station (a pack and play that has never been used for it's intended purpose but serves as the perfect place to change pants) from the play room into the living room. It's not gorgeous, but it's practical.



Moved the dressers for both Tony and Audrey from the spare/storage room into the play room. They are now caddy corner on either ends of the same wall and look pretty good in there. Tomorrow we're going to secure them to the wall and put in drawer locks. I also put stuff on top of the dressers... pictures (well, picture frames for Tony), piggy banks, etc. Tomorrow I'm also going to go get letters to spell out Tony's name and put them over his dresser. It's beginning to look more like a room for two kids to play in instead of just Audrey's room.



Moved the big glider from the corner of the play room to between the two dressers.



Moved the big plastic bins from the bedroom and office into the spare room where the dressers used to be. This made me so happy to do. Granted, I now have an entire wall that is lined with big bins, but it works. They're centrally located and not all over the house. Next weekend we're going to go through the bins and organize and label them.



Moved all of my photography props that were in the spare room into my office, thus consolidating all of my work stuff.



Went through the final miscellaneous items from Tony's shower (took rattles out of packaging, organized first aid stuff, etc.) and put them away.



Used the bag that was holding all of Tony's miscellaneous items to bag up Audrey's boyfriend's birthday present.



Went through clothes that Audrey doesn't fit into any more and folded and organized them.



Put away the luggage that had been siting out since our Christmas trip to New England.

Reorganized books and magazines in the spare room.

Took out Audrey's new toothbrush holder. I was saving that until we moved and had an actual counter instead of a pedestal sink, but I figured what the hey.

I hope I can keep this up! I keep seeing or thinking of things to do, but just never got around to it. Now I feel like I'm being productive and preparing for Tony to come.

I still need to wash the cloth diapers and wipes, get my husband to wash the ceiling fans (we have 11+ish foot ceilings, to there's no way I can reach even with a step stool), finish scrubbing the tubs, reorganize the bathrooms, wash my mama cloth (and possibly get some more). And accomplish all that was on my initial list. I'm getting there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like one productive evening!

    You know I'm a fan of changing stations in the main living area. It's a must with a toddler running around :)

    I'm sad that Audrey already has a boyfriend. I thought she would be perfect for one of my little men. lol

    ReplyDelete