Monday, January 10, 2011

I Know, I Know

I know I said I would post pictures and recipes, and I will. I didn't get to do it Sunday because my mother-in-law invited herself over after morning church service. We had just gotten home and lunch had just finished cooking when there was a knock at the door. "Avon lady!" Well, not quite, but similar idea.

So we spent the afternoon with her - I wasn't going to kick her out. I'm pregnant and hormonal, but not mean! lol As soon as she left, we started getting ready for an evening service. Typically once a month or every other month, we get together with another church for a big service. We ended up having to rent a building to accommodate all of the people there last night.

It was a great service. Partly because my little angel slept through the whole thing (which never, ever happens) so my husband and I actually got to sit and listen to the message TOGETHER. That is something that I totally took for granted before my husband started his ministry. Ministers and their wives rarely get to sit with each other, especially if the minister is speaking or teaching. And if he's not teaching, we rotate who gets to run after the toddler. If I'm working nursery for one service, he gets to stay in service and listen. If I'm not and he's not speaking, he watches if she gets too rowdy. That way we both get to enjoy service. But we rarely ever get to stay together and pay attention and not have to remind someone that the sunscreen in the diaper bag doesn't belong spread all over the pew.

The other part was because my husband and I actually got to pray together at the altar. We haven't done that since my first pregnancy. There's just something about praying together as husband and wife that is wonderful. Not that I don't love praying by myself, or praying with my daughter and hearing her should "AMEN!" But it really is so unifying to be humble together in the Spirit of the Lord.

The good thing about my mother-in-law coming over was that she brought a yummy gumbo that my husband's aunt made. Since I don't have to make dinner, I'll be able to take pictures of the boxes and the kohlrabi when my husband gets home. Good things come to those who wait, right?

1 comment:

  1. Right :)

    What a blessing to be able to worship together without the distraction from Auds! And yay for gumbo - sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete