Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Have Found the Drawback

I mentioned earlier that we decided to get an audio Bible and have it playing in our house 24/7. We've done it with the exception of when we were on vacation. Everything was unplugged for safety and I figured the guy we had checking on our house would have freaked out if he heard talking.

We love it. It plays in my back office because our ancient CD player in the living room doesn't work. I get to hear it when I come to the back of the house to do laundry, trash or work in my office. I definitely think it has helped to keep me calm during the day. There's just something about the power of the Word.

But, I have found the drawback... because we got the theatrical version (which is so nifty) it absolutely scared the mess out of me when a possessed man spoke. The voice was a composition of a bunch of different ones all distorted to emphasize the freaky aspect.

Other than that, it was a great decision and I plan on having it play in the house all the time from here on out. Just don't be scared if you get the theatrical version and hear a demon... there's no real demons in your house. Well, at least I hope not!

1 comment: