Monday, January 3, 2011

Dismiss this Whiney Vent

I'll preface this by saying that I love my life. I am blessed. I am so thrilled to be having another child. God has been more than abundant in his blessings and I don't deserve anything.

However, I am pregnant. And moody. And hormonal. And only have a few more weeks. So, I'm going to vent. Just this once. I promise, I won't be Debbie Downer forever.

I feel like poopy. Not like pooping, but just cruddy.

My legs and feet are swollen.

I am having contractions. Not just the barely noticeable Braxton Hicks ones. Nope, towards the end of my pregnancies I contract all.the.stinking.time. And it doesn't do much, so I don't worry about it. I can still breathe and talk through them, so it's all good. I'm so anti-doctors and hospitals that I won't go in until my water breaks or a head comes out. It's not comfortable. And I have a few more weeks of them. Joy. of. joys.

Tony is assaulting my insides. He is either kicking non-stop, jumping up and down on my bladder, or laying on a nerve that makes the top part of my torso feel like it's on fire. Oy. Maybe he'll be a calm outside baby?

My morning sickness has returned. I had it horribly for the first 6 months of pregnancy. I feel like it JUST went away. But here it is again. Blah.

I have horrendous heartburn. I swig the Pepto, I avoid the trigger foods. I couldn't even eat dinner it was so bad. And I made a yummy taco soup, too.

I pinched a nerve in my right shoulder blade. It hurts like a mug. I don't feel like scheduling an appointment with my chiro, so I'll just live with it.

My head hurts from editing pictures.

I'm tired and can't sleep. I know that's to be expected and I know I won't get much sleep with a toddler and a newborn soon.

I know it's all for a good cause and there are women who would love to be in my position. I completely understand that, especially since we lost our first baby. I'm happy to take all of it in return for being blessed with another little life.

But, goodness, can't a girl just get a teeny, tiny break for just a little bit? Feel free to dismiss this, call me a ninny, whatever. It's all good. I don't mind. I deserve it.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled blogging.

1 comment:

  1. ((((((HUGS))))))

    I'm right there with you sister, although my complaints are just a little different.

    I'll be praying for you. You need some rest before the baby comes.

    And it's nice to have you back. I hope you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete