Monday, November 29, 2010

Where Has The Time Gone?

It seems like it was JUST Halloween, and now Thanksgiving passed and all of our Christmas stuff is up. Last night we went to the zoo for their Safari of Lights program. The reason we went last night instead of closer to Christmas was that it was free...well, free for members. We are members of the zoo, which is a fabulous thing. The tickets pay for themselves in about 2 or 3 visits, we get discounted tickets to their limited time events, like the Boo at the Zoo, and for their long-running events they have preview nights where we get to go in for free.

And that's what last night was. Not only did we get in for free, but we got popcorn and drinks free as well. They even discounted their concession stand prices for the event. Hot cocoa was only $1 and soy bean burgers were only $2, it was great. Well, not so great if you have food allergies. Audrey and I are allergic to cow's milk (but certain dairy items like butter we can handle in small doses, so the popcorn wasn't too bad. I doubt they even used real butter, anyway) and Audrey is sensitive to carrots, corn (of all things!) and some wheat products. That's why I bake all of our breads at home. I know what type of flour to buy that makes everyone alright. I do have a sensitivity to soy, but I only get those burgers once in a blue moon.

I highly recommend checking out the zoo near you for stuff like that. Granted, it's only 30ish minutes away from us so we can go frequently. But not only are zoos family friendly, but they're educational as well... which makes them perfect in my book.

I'll post pictures when I get to the back computer tonight. That'll be after prayer and after editing. And I also have to make time to prepare a Sunday School lesson in there too. My husband and I were informed yesterday that we're teaching the teenagers this coming Sunday. We had no idea, but we're gonna give it a go. The good thing about the SS program at the new church is they have a select group of teachers. It's divided into couples per Sunday so that the kids get a male and a female influence in their lives. And each could only goes once a month so there is no wearing people out. That is so nice.

At our old church, we were the youth leaders, the Sunday School teachers, as well as a million other things and had to do it every.single.Sunday. Not that we didn't absolutely love it and love working for God, but it does wear a person out trying to get parents all week to bring their kids to Sunday School, preparing a lesson when you have no idea if any one is coming, getting there early to prepare and pray, and then having kids walk in 10 minutes before class ends because the parents forgot what time everything started.

Now we are the kick start leaders and teach the first Sunday of every month (pressure!) but then don't have to teach until the next month. It'll be nice to get to teach as well as get a break!

That's not the only news that happened at church. My husband was definitely called out from the pulpit. Not in a bad way at all. The pastor was talking about the five-fold ministry plan that is laid out in the Bible and about the importance of preachers and teachers in developing the church. He then proclaimed "Do you think it's a coincidence that the Lord brought this man of God (points to husband) when we're experiencing great growth and are expanding our building?!" *Cue everyone turning and looking at us as I wipe my girl's runny nose* It's a good thing, and it is very exciting to know that God is going to use us there. However, had I known he was going to do that, I would have smiled and wiped the sneeze juice off of my own face (since my daughter loves me enough to sneeze at me mid-kiss sometimes)!

I swear it was just yesterday that God called us there and we were having the initial discussions with the pastor and praying about going there. And now we're actually starting to work there. I can't wait to see how my husband gets to help people. He's so knowledgeable and I'm honored to be a part of this with him.

But, anyway, where has the time gone?! Three weekends until Christmas! What? If the client's baby is born this week, I'll have a newborn session on Saturday (if not, it's a work day), then a wedding next week, then preparing for the holidays, and then it'll be time for New Years. Eek!

Am I the only one who is amazed at how quickly everything is happening and time is going by?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's part of being pregnant - the time just flying by.

    That's so great that you're enjoying your roles in the new church. I'm so happy for you guys. And that's really funny about the runny nose :)

    ReplyDelete