Saturday, November 6, 2010

Christmas in November

Well, at least Christmas card pictures. I had a family photo shoot with triplets for their Christmas cards this morning. Since we were out and about and I'd have my good equipment, I used the time after their shoot finished to take our Christmas card pictures - well pictures of half of our family. I'm never in the Christmas pictures, but I'm okay with that.

We went to a perfect little vintage downtown area for both, as that's what the family wanted, so I brought along my vintage pram and Audrey's very Audrey Hepburn winter coat. It all went together like red beans and rice, peanut butter and jelly, chocolate and me.


Here's little miss priss pushing Dolly around. Isn't she perfect?


And she pushed and she pranced all around the place.


My little angel was so into the photo shoot that she refused to smile. She was voguing and posing it up to her best. You'd never be able to tell her mommy is a photographer. Ha!


And, of course, a vintage downtown photo shoot wouldn't be complete without some window shopping.

This isn't our downtown area. Ours is about two blocks long and has nothing but antique stores and restaurants. It's awesome, and I spend any free time out there, but certainly not this big. We don't even have a movie theatre in our area. We have to drive to the next big city to get to get to one. We never have though, I hate movie theatres... if it stinks, you've spent too much money that you feel obligated to sit through it. And then if you with kids, it'll likely be a disaster, yadda yadda yadda. If I have the time to watch a movie, I'd rather read the reviews, have my husband pick it up on the way home and enjoy it at our leisure after Auds goes to bed.

Anyway, I even designed our Christmas card and it's fabulous! One of the perks about being a photographer and graphic designer is that I don't have to pay someone else to do it for me. And I can do it on my own to exactly my taste so I won't ever run the risk of having the same one printed off of Snapfish or Tiny Prints like everyone else - unless I'm feeling lazy. That's been known to happen from time to time. ;)

After it goes out, I may... maybe, post it on here. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment