Monday, November 15, 2010

More Thanksgiving Thankfuls

Although I haven't posted a picture of our Thanksgiving project on here in a while, we've been diligent in doing it every day. Audrey is really getting into it and even reminds us to do a leaf if we haven't done it before family prayer before my husband leaves for work.

As predicted, we ran out of space, so my husband will be rehanging the project later this evening.

So, here's what we've been working on:


I already wrote about our first four leaves of thankfulness. Here's a breakdown on the rest of them:
Day 5, Veggie Tales. This was an Audrey one. We want her to participate in this activity and hope that she'll be able to really grasp the concept later.
Day 6, Church. We love church, both the body of believers and the physical building in which we worship and hear the Word.
Day 7, Love. Coz all you need is love.
Day 8, Elmo. This was right after we saw Sesame Street live. Another Audrey one.
Day 9, The Word. The Word of God is really just amazing and holds all the answers.
Day 10, Grace. Next to love, grace is one of those things that is just needed.
Day 11, Laughter. I don't think I could make it through the day without hearing my little girl's laugh. It just warms my heart.
Day 12, Freedom. We did this the day after Veteran's Day. Being a military brat, this was a big one for me. But we didn't want to put veterans up on Veteran's Day (although we are thankful) because it seemed too cliche - like all of the Facebook statuses. Not saying people don't mean them, but it's something we should be thankful for all the time, not just one day. And our freedom wouldn't be possible without the sacrifices of our veterans.
Day 13, Work. Although I swear I'll be grey soon, I am very blessed to have as much work as I do, and that my husband has as good of a career as he does. When there are people who don't even have shelter from the rain or cold out there, I make sure that I don't take our blessings for granted.
Day 14, Rest. This was my first Sabbath rest day. And I think it will be the first of many more.
Day 15, Pony. This one isn't hung because we ran out of space. But it will be soon. This is another one of Audrey's. It is her purple unicorn pillow pet that she loves to pieces. She calls it Pony and cannot sleep with out it. So, we're thankful for it too!

Just a recap if anyone is interested in doing a cheap Thanksgiving project like this:

Twine, $1
Leaves, $1 (Well, $2 coz the pack runs a few days short, but each pack is a dollar. And if you're starting now, one pack is all you'll need.)
Clothespins, $1 or on hand.
Sharpie, on hand

Total: $3 or $4. Not too bad. We plan on saving our leaves (or pumpkins or whatever is in the store in later years) in zippie bags and labeling them with the year to look back and remember what we were thankful for at different seasons of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing all of your "leaves" :)

    ReplyDelete