Monday, November 29, 2010

Easy Peasy Quiche

This is a recipe that is perfect for leftovers. I just kind of threw in what I had and will write down the approximate, so yours might look different. Set your oven to 350.

You will need:


Some eggs. You can certainly use more. I only had three. I wouldn't recommend any less than three. Salt and pepper those bad boys up.


Cooked spinach. Be sure to drain it. I think I have about 12 oz. here. It can be frozen, canned, or cooked yourself in a steamer. I just don't think fresh leaves would work well.


Whisk your eggs real well. Or, as Audrey says since I make the pumpkin spice cake with a whisk, "pumpkin eggs" real well.


Put your pie crust in your pan.


Smash up about a cup of croutons, or whatever is left of what you have, and place it in the bottom.


Place the spinach on top the croutons. Layer about a cup or so of cheese on top of the spinach. I forgot to take a picture of it.


Layer meat of your choice in. This is perfect for that leftover Thanksgiving turkey.


Put about a cup, or whatever you have left, of shredded cheese on top of that.


Pour your eggs on top.


Bake it for 45 minutes.


And enjoy. You can tell where my eggs decided to congregate. That's why I'd recommend no less than three eggs. There's a little love spread around, but then there's those two big hunks.

My husband LOVED this. In fact, he's been reading over my shoulder how to make it. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment