Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trick or Treating - FAIL!

We didn't really have much luck with TOT'ing at all. See, we've never really been home for Halloween. We were always at our church over an hour away. So, we never knew what the procedure was. This year since Halloween was on a Sunday, we weren't having an all-night youth event.

I looked up our town's TOT'ing times, went to Walmart and bought a big bag of M&M's (I know they're horrible, but if the kids didn't come, at least I'd have chocolate of some form), and put our porch light on at 6.

I was nervous how many kids we would get. Our town is very small and we live on the main highway going through it. Despite what you'd think, there's not a lot of traffic. It's a small, narrow two-lane road riddled with potholes and without street lights. If you're driving out here in the dark for the first time, you're likely to get lost. Heck, if you're driving out here for the 1000000th time, you're likely to get lost. But I figured at least the neighbor's kids would come over. The oldest is 5 and the youngest is 2, so they were bound to be out. 6:00 came and went. 7:00 came and went. 8:00 came and went and we turned out the porch light as that's when the time officially ended. Not a soul came to our house.

My guess is that no parents want to drive a little bit, park, let their kids out, load them up, drive a little bit, park, etc., etc. ad nauseum. So we had not a one trick or treater. Auds didn't care too much about going out, so we stayed in. She pranced around in her ladybug costume, my husband watched the game, and I sat in the office and edited.

We'll have to take her someplace else next year to run around.


Here's my little ladybug prancing around. She was absolutely adorable! It's a shame no one else got to see her that night. Her tutu is a custom design from a lady who is wonderfully talented. We trade product photos for studio props and stuff for Auds. I'd say it's a nice arrangement.


Here's Auds cuddled up on her Honey's lap. Poor Honey, he's so exhausted. We were up until the early morning hours Sunday coz I had a night wedding across state. Since I come with a 50 lb case of expensive equipment, backdrop stands, backdrops, external lighting, the whole gamut basically, he comes with to carry. I've also been training him for second shooter so I don't have to run around like a mad woman while pregnant taking photos. I still do (I tend to make everyone there nervous), but not as much as I used to. Since the reception didn't end until after mid-night and we still hadn't eaten since lunch and Auds was with her grandmothers, you can imagine the kind of sleep we got and when we finally got in.


Isn't she just too sassy for words? I love that little girl so much!

1 comment:

  1. She looks adorable! Hope you have better luck next year!

    ReplyDelete