Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Final Thanks... Well, er... This Particular Project

I've been writing about our Thanksgiving project of writing something that we're thankful for on a leaf each day. Well, we ran out of leaves today, on Thanksgiving Eve. The store had no more, so we just decided to call it a finished project.


Here they are all hung up. They'll only be up there until tomorrow. Tomorrow we're taking it down to put up our stockings and our advent calendar.



Here's the rest of our leaves:

Day 16, Mercy. Coz well, we all need mercy.
Day 17, Joy. Life would be very, very dull without it.
Day 18, Peace. There's something about having peace in this crazy world we live in that is so comforting. Imagine living as a paranoid schizophrenic all the time - I'd imagine, not fun.
Day 19, Our Home. Ironically, this was the day that the opportunity for the new house came about. Ha! How's that for timing. But we are very thankful that we have not only a beautiful house, but a safe shelter. So many people don't have that.
Day 20, Blessings. This was written in relation to the new house coming about. We see it as a huge blessing that we'll be able to have a place with a big yard to fit all our kids in. We're going to see the house on the 4th, I'll see if the current owners will let me take pictures so I can figure out how I'm going to decorate it.
Day 21, Health. Even though I'm still getting sick and love to complain to my husband about how I feel like doggy do-do, I am not even close to how sick some people get. I have my health and a healthy daughter and healthy son. Oh, yeah, and healthy husband. It doesn't get better than that.
Day 22, Future. We have a bright future promised in the Lord, whatever it contains. That's a nice promise right there.
Day 23, Truth. We know the truth that our Lord is God. So many people are walking around miserable and don't know Him. I am so thankful for the relationship that my family and I are able to have with Him.
Day 24, Forgiveness. Both from God and from each other, this is a big one. I know I feel awful when I say something that hurts someone. Likewise I feel awful when I'm the one who has to forgive. But, we are able to forgive our debts just as our debts are forgiven. That's quite a burden lifted.

So what are you doing for Thanksgiving? We're cooking some pumpkin spice cakes with chocolate ganache and going to spend time with my husband's family. After the packed day there, we'll come home and do stockings and our Advent calendar. And eat on left over turkey for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment