Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mingle With the Mammals

We went to the zoo today for their "Mingle With the Mammals" breastfeeding event and had a blast! There was a ton of information and support for mamas and even some fun stuff for the kids.



Here's Honey with Auds. Auds is pointing to Tony. It's the only way I can get her to look at the camera lately. "Where's Tony brother?" "Right there!" And since I always wear him, it works.


Me and my babies. Gosh, I love them so much. And it was a nice spring day. It was in the mid-seventies at 9 this morning. Much more mild than the mid-eighties that it was when we left.

When we first went in, we went to story time where they read books about mommies of all mammal kinds nursing their babies. They then had a video that was adorable. I'm not gonna lie. I'm still hormonal and may have teared up a bit every time it played.

Here's Auds checking everything out.

With Honey listening to story time. (The woman on the right is the reader.)

Then Auds got her face painted. She was a little unsure of what was going on, but once I showed her pictures of it she was okay. There was also a coloring activity, but we just had an incident last night with Auds and crayons and the walls, the wood floors, and the woodwork. Needless to say, colors are in time out.

Kind of nervous about it. She really didn't understand what was going on. She couldn't pick her own picture to paint on her face coz she didn't really get that it was going to be painted on there. So we picked her a butterfly.


Still not too sure. After this she kinda freaked out a little bit.

But Honey let her sit in his lap and it was finished. Not exactly a perfect butterfly, but for a squirming unsure toddler, pretty good. The lady even guessed that she was two saying that they get that response a lot from the little ones.

That's her teddy bear bow she got yesterday. She just had to wear it today. Even with her other bow. That's my daughter

We then walked around and looked at all of the animals. There are a bunch of new babies, and I was dying to get some nursing shots, but no one was hungry when I was looking at them. They were still adorable though.


"Where's Tony brother?" "Right there!"



See the little baby?


Checking out the bear.

"It's a leper. C'mere, leper!"


"I'm talking monkey to him. Ooh Ahh."

A pony.

Checking out the baby llama.

After we saw all of the animals, we went on a train ride. It was wonderful! A beautiful spring day, a nice breeze, and getting to see all the animals without walking. :) Well, except for Auds trying to throw her snack over the edge, but she was just trying to feed the animals.

Waiting patiently for the train to come.

Let's hear it - the collective "Aw!" My angel enjoying her train ride.

And my handsome little man sleeping through his first time on the train.


Once the train ride was over, we had a snow ball - everyone got one free who was there for the breastfeeding expo. Nothing like artificial colorings and massive amounts of sugar to make people happy! I haven't had a snow ball in years; since before I started undergrad. And here I am years and two kids later eating one up. Auds loved it. She won't be getting them often, however!

It wouldn't be a nursing event without a little nursing session.

How fitting, right?

Hanging out while I'm nursing.

What's that? I have two really handsome men? Why, thank you!


*love*

Auds enjoying the heck out of her snow ball.

Munching on her cheese bunnies, not her toe cheese. ;) She did have shoes on. But, she just decided that it'd be more fun without.


1 comment:

  1. Graet pictures. Audrey's pigtails are so cute. She is just precious.

    And you look great, mama! I love your headband.

    ReplyDelete