Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another "Did He Really Just Say That?!"

Yes, my brilliant husband has been at it again...

I've written down recipes according to our meal plan for last night and tonight so that I can crank out some wedding photos to some anxious newlyweds, so my husband has been doing the cooking. And it's nothing complicated. I'm talking spinach rice casserole, brownies, and pizza. These are not difficult meals to prepare.

Anyway... here's the funnies:

Last night while making the spinach rice casserole, my husband somehow ended coated in green. Don't ask me how. That's his punishment for not participating in St. Patty's Day. ;)

While making some of my brownies, he got batter all over himself and ended up brown. Thankfully he had taken off his church clothes by this point. That's his punishment for not cleaning poopy diapers on weekdays. ;)

While melting butter, I'm guessing he was still on the brownies and forgot a step in there, he ended up pouring butter all over himself, the counter, and the floor. That's his punishment for not being spit up on all the time. ;)

So, when he comes into my office to tell me these things, he says, "You know, now I can see why chefs wear something to protect their clothes."

To which I replied, "Didn't you see the apron hanging in the kitchen?"

Yup. Good times. These little moments are the ones I remember forever. One day I'll write about the time he threw a fit during a game of Cranium - the funniest moment ever.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like he needs a masculine apron! You need to get him one of those Kiss the Chef ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good Father's Day gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do want to see Beau in an apron. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete