Thursday, March 17, 2011

Organizing Papers

I've written about my detailed meal plans and schedules for the party over at House of Grace. This week the talk is about papers.

For the most part, we're not too bad. I'm making a family binder where we keep important numbers, schedules, allergy lists, anything like that so if, for some reason, I'm not here, my husband won't lose it.

We keep our marriage license, SS cards, birth certificates, passports, important documents, family jewelry, unused credit cards all in a fireproof safe. I'm not disclosing the location of it though. ;)

As far as copies of bills and financial statements and that stuff... Well, I'm working in it. I have a system in place. In fact, I have since we were newly weds. We have a filing cabinet alphabetized with folders for everything and it's filed in chronological order. It's just that I absolutely hate filing. So, there are piles in my office of stuff to be filed. Some has been there for a long time. Some will be there for a long time. But, I'm working on it.

At least I have a system, right?

Even if I don't file as often as I should, I still feel better that the important things are really accounted for either in the family binder or in the safe. If we have to leave at a moment's notice or someone comes to stay at our house due to vacation or illness, everything is accessible. So that's good.

Organize your lif

1 comment:

  1. I didn't say where my safe is either, smart thinking! Thanks for linking up!
    Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete