Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bread, Fall Decor Continued, and the Orchard

I'll start, as promised, with the recipe for my 1 Hour Sweet Bread.

Preheat oven to 350.


Mix your dry ingredients first:
3 cups flour (your choice wheat or white, I prefer wheat, my husband prefers white)
2 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt


Mix 1 1/2 cups buttermilk second (if you have liquid buttermilk, never mind this, I use powdered buttermilk so that's why I have to mix it).


Mix your wet ingredients third:
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup cane syrup
1/4 cup oil

Fold your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients until well mixed (I didn't take a shot of this step, but it's pretty self explanatory).

Grease loaf pan, pour dough in, and bake for 1 hour.


Let cool and enjoy!

Now I'll move on to the rest of our fall decor.


That's the fall swag hanging above our door. That's the original door to the house. If you look closely below the knob, you can see where the old door knob with the skeleton key was. That was too easy to get into, so we had to change it. The rest of the doors in the house still have the old knobs though.


This is what you walk into when you open the door. Please pardon the mess of mail on the table and the play kitchen in the background. I caught someone orange-handed (more on that later) making a mess. But, I live with a toddler, that's an everyday occurrence.


Close up of my cute scarecrow plate by the chair.


View to the right. Gymbo was not modeling today, but the monkey bean bag chair was.


View from the entertainment center featuring the evil Cheeto. He's on my bad list right now as he REFUSED to let Audrey nap today.


This goes back towards our door. Audrey had laid all her babies down for their nap that never happened. Thank you, Cheeto.

As to the orange-handed reference earlier...

We went to the orchard right down the road from us earlier 1) because they finally opened (I wait ALL YEAR for their fruit) and 2) Audrey identified 22 out of 26 letters of the alphabet and I figured she deserved it.


There's just acres and acres of fruit trees on the side of a little country highway. If you don't know where you're going, it's easy to pass up.


In front is this little tiny stand. It's cash only and there's no air in there. Thank goodness citrus grows in the winter or those poor people would melt to death!


Here's my little angel helping pick out our fruit.


She was obsessed with the kumquats coz they were small. But we ended up getting 5 lbs of oranges, 2 lbs of lemons, and the owner gave Audrey two satsumas - one for each hand. She actually couldn't wait to eat the satsumas, so she ate through the peel before I could peel it for her!


Here she is after I finally got the satsuma out of her hands. I think she has about 3 slices shoved in her mouth, hence the chipmunk look, and ate the whole thing. She loves fruit!

Isn't she the cutest little chipmunk satsuma eater ever?

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Your bread looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks great.

    And she is the cutest little chipmunk satsuma eater. :)

    ReplyDelete