Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

We initially had plans to BBQ with some fantastic people, but illness ensued and they were cancelled. It's okay, we've got a rain check, people!

So, instead we headed down to Avery Island and avoided the insane mosquitos. There are only 5 pictures of us there because we were running for our lives. There are, however, landscape shots on my business blog if you really want to see them.

Auds in her Fourth of July dress I made in front of the arch to get to Buddha.

My men. TB isn't mad, he had just woken up.

3/4 of us. Aren't they just so cute?

The whole lot of us. Yes, we did dress in red, white and blue to be cheesy and patriotic. I realize it's eccentric. But I think it's cute. And there's plenty of ammo for the "crazy things Mom mad the kids do" discussions with their future therapists. Just kidding about that last part. I hope.


We then went to a plantation where my kids - yes, both the 5 month old and the 2 year old - went through a guided tour of the house with minimal talking, no touching and no meltdowns. Can I get a hallelujah?! It was amazing.

Since everything in the house was original to the first owners, I wasn't allowed to take any pictures of the inside. But I did get a couple of everyone outside. It was, however, 100+ degrees, so we didn't stay outside too long.

Auds trimming the garden with her fan.

Walking the grounds.

And, of course, she found a stick.

I had intended to use the grounds as a backdrop for his five month pictures, but he decided that his sister and her stick were much more interesting than me trying to preserve memories.


Look at the sweat on her. We weren't even outside half an hour.

He didn't like the heat either.

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment