Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family's First Camp Meeting

Every year, there is a huge camp meeting in our state where all of the people from our organization can get together to hear wonderful preaching, participate in great prayer, and get some fabulous worship on. Heck, even people not in our organization. It's open to whomever wants to come. They have them in every state, but ours is big. It's a good few thousand people every single service.

The first time I went was when I spoke about 5 or 6 years ago. I met Nona Freeman. If you don't know who that is, look into her. She was Amazing - with a capital "a." I hadn't gone since.

My husband decided this year that we needed to go as a family. So, go we went.

I whipped out my iPhone to take pictures of my kids for their first camp meeting.

You can still see the bites on my poor baby girl's face.

My handsome little man.

Not the best quality, but at least I captured the moment.

I'm not gonna lie, I was in tears. But not at the preaching - TB was too fussy and Auds wanted to take too many bathroom breaks for me to hear.

The beginning of the service had kids from an orphanage singing and testifying. God put it on my heart two-ish years ago that we should adopt from this orphanage as they take the rejects that no one else wants. An Antioch, if you will. When I first looked into it, I fell in love with a little boy. But, I was pregnant for Auds at that time and we were about to move and things were just crazy. So, we put it off. It's been on my heart for a while, and I keep praying about timing.

Well, the little boy that I fell in love with was there and he testified. I knew it was him before they even introduced him. The moment I saw him my heart leaped. My eyes watered. And I dug out my checkbook to write a check to support his care, even if I couldn't adopt him right then on the spot. I swear, had they let me, I would have run up there, swooped him in my arms and had my husband go pickup another car seat to take him home.

So, I'm still praying about that. Maybe one day in the future, in God's timing, that little boy will come home with us. Gah, I'm crying writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment