Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My "Island" and Curtains

I mentioned in earlier posts about my unfortunate door incident and my love for my new kitchen island. This post will show both.

Now, you'll have to excuse the grain in these pictures. We have very little natural light in our kitchen. But, I think you'll get the idea.

First I'll discuss my make shift curtain door...



The fabric is actually really pretty with flowers and birds and deer. I thought it was fitting being in the country. Plus, in my studio area which would be behind and to the left of me as I took this picture has a window seat where the walls are painted red. And the back office is red as well. So, this color ties it all in.

And there's also Cheeto's behind.

Anyway, we finally got the other door fixed, so it's back up there. I'm glad I had the curtains for the two weeks we were without a door. They provided some sort of privacy. But, they got moved from here. I didn't want to waste them though, coz I thought they were cute. So they got moved to the doorway between the kitchen and my office. You'll notice them here:


And this is my "island." Ain't it purdy? Not only do I love having some extra space to work, but I love the vintage feel. And it definitely fits with the oldness of our house. The paint on it is a blue/grey and the counter top is very loved. But, I think that gives it character. On top is my beautiful basin and pitcher that my husband picked up for me when he picked up the island.



Another shot, you ask? Sure! Please disregard my mess of cook books, apron hanging, wok top laying on the rag box and messy bulletin boards.


And because I love my pitcher and basin. :)

1 comment: