Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday!

The weekend after the weekend my son was born was my daughter's birthday weekend! This made me very thankful that I had hired someone to do our party! See, I figured that with such a short time to go between her birthday and my due date, that I wouldn't want to have a party at our house. The lady who owns the place where we do our Mommy and Me classes also does birthday parties, so I told her to do everything. Just make it fun and Elmo. And she did. And boy am I thankful!

Things were so crazy that we didn't even get to give anyone invitations! Seriously. We got the invitations at our Tuesday class. Wednesday my water broke. Wednesday through Sunday we spent in the hospital. Monday we had our first day at home as a family - and nothing got done. Tuesday my husband took Auds to her play class so that we wouldn't disrupt her life too much. Especially since I didn't renew our membership with Tony coming. Wednesday we spent the whole day at the doctor and the hospital. Thursday we had bilimachine treatments. Friday we had bilimachine treatments and spent more time at the hospital. Saturday was the party. Talk about a whirlwind!

But it was nice that it was just her closest three friends who's parents I told ages ago to hold the date for us. All the kids had a wonderful time!



Here's my birthday angel! She even had a special Elmo shirt for her Elmo party! Isn't she just adorable?


Me and my teeny tiny guy. You can tell how jaundiced he is in this picture - and this is after treatments and his levels went down 4 points (praise God!) The ring sling is on loan from his Nanny. I have a custom mei tai being made, but it isn't ready yet. He's much too small for the Beco and the Hotsling swallows him. So, she brought her ring sling for me to borrow until I can get my carrier that he'll actually fit in.



Auds and her friends colored Elmo's for their craft project.



Her cake. I would have loved for her to have a low-sugar organic one like I got her last year, but since I wasn't planning it, this is what we got. I'm okay with that. It was cute and it's not like she get sugar like this everyday. Or regularly, for that matter.



Man, did she ever enjoy that cake!


After cake it was time to open presents. Thankfully, with such a small party she didn't get too many toys. She still hasn't seen all of her presents from Christmas. Actually, all of these are still in the back of the car. Oops.



After presents our fabulous party planner made all the kids hand spun cotton candy. She has her own machine and it was nifty. Auds didn't like it. It was too sugary for her. Good girl, Auds. Good girl.


Once the kids finished their cake and cotton candy (I also brought fruit and organic treats, but those were hardly touched, go figure!), Elmo came out. This was actually my mother dressed up as her present to Auds. Because we met Elmo at the zoo last year, she went right up to "him" and gave a big kiss like they were old friends.


Me and my littles. I love them so much! I think Tony was just so excited about the party that he wanted to make sure he was there. :)

1 comment:

  1. Audrey looks like such a big girl in these pictures. It looks like she had a fabulous time.

    And you look great, mama. I can't believe you had a baby just a few weeks ago.

    Little tony is too precious in his sling.

    ReplyDelete