Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunshine in a Jar

I forgot to take a picture, but seeing as I'll be making these for the duration of the summer, I'll post some later.

Take a Mason jar.

Take 2.5 small lemons. Quarter them. Squeeze the juice into said Mason jar and go ahead and throw the quarters in there, too.

Take a whole mess of fresh mint of your choosing. Squeeze and rub the leaves between your fingers to bruise them up really well (this releases the flavor) and throw them in.

Take a couple of heaping spoonfuls of organic sugar and sprinkle it on down.

Fill the jar up with some ice cold water.

Put the lid on top and shake what your mama gave you.

Open up and enjoy. :)

I also plan on making some with lime and cherries and whatever else I can come up with. I'd try strawberry lemonade, but Auds is allergic to strawberries. Sad, I know.

Try it. You'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment