Monday, April 18, 2011

Eggstravaganza

This post is VERY picture heavy, so if you don't want to see a million pictures of the most beautiful angel on an Easter egg hunt, skip it.

Before we had kids, I didn't want to do Easter egg hunts because I wanted to focus on the sanctity of Easter. But now, seeing how much joy it brings, I'm all about them. I absolutely refuse, however, to get into the Easter bunny and all that candy. That's a definite. This year I plan on either making a faith cake or empty tomb cookies to give our family a sweet fix but also incorporate the real reason of the season - and not a bunny who poops jelly beans.

Anywho, this Palm Sunday we went to church as always. We had a tremendous move of God with a great worship ceremony (not good for me as we only had two altos and I couldn't stop sneezing and sang like Fran Drescher) and five people got baptized! We're trying a new thing during service where I take notes in my Blue Letter Bible on my iPhone while the sermon is going on so that we can remember important points and have engaging discussions later. Too often with littles it's hard to catch every word and remember a sermon later. This was my second time doing this and even if people think I'm texting and Auds is trying to steal it to play puzzles, I think it works great to jump start our recollection of the message. A digital version of the well worn and noted Bible. And if I had a pen to mark in our real Bible Auds would just try to steal that, too.

After we left church we headed over to the zoo for their Eggstravaganza. Auds had so much fun at the Halloween, Christmas and Breastfeeding events that we wanted to go to this one. And we got half off tickets, so it only cost us $6 for the whole family. I love my zoo membership.

So, here's the fun:


We had BBQ for lunch when we first got there. Auds stopped eating shortly after this because she saw a caterpillar on the ground and was entranced. I've read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" too many times. Darn you, Eric Carle! ;)


A picture with Honey.


Me and both my babies. Note: horizontal stripes will make you look huge. But, I couldn't resist the opportunity to match my baby girl. I will be relegating this to an at home dress after seeing this picture.


Getting ready to stroll around.


As we're changing Tony's diaper I hear, "You want it? You want it? It's a basket! It's a hat!" I turn around and see this.


"Auds, what are you doing?" "I'm talking to the birds, Mama."


"Can I see you in your basket hat?" "Oh, okay." Oh goodness. haha

We walked around for a little bit and then went to the egg hunt. It really wasn't anything special. They had a cleared out little area where they just dumped boxes full of eggs for the kids to pick up -- didn't bother hiding them, didn't bother even putting the two halves of the eggs together. But Auds didn't care. To her, it was Disneyland. Which made me decide to do this at our house.

We never really get to have our own holidays. Fourth of July is spent with my mothers' two hours away. Thanksgiving alternates between his family and mine. Christmas we typically spend Festivus (yes, like Seinfeld) with my birth mother's side of the family, Christmas Eve with his side of the family and Christmas day with my other mother's side of the family. So we decided that Easter will be ours. I ordered a honey baked ham from a local place that we're going to pick up Saturday, we'll fix a bunch of sides and a dessert and have a big meal. I got the kids special Easter outfits. We're going to go to church and praise our Risen King, come home have an Easter egg hunt in the yard (when Auds gets bigger I'm going to do Resurrection eggs), and have a big Easter dinner and talk about how good God is. :)

Anyway, here are a whole mess of shots of our baby girl having a blast!


Running around like a mad woman.


Picking up.


Still.


Scoping some more.


Watching her step.


Picking up more.


Looking at all the possibilities.


Selecting some more.


Look at her go!


Little miss Sass in her Pants.


Picking up some more.


Still more. She couldn't have enough!


Walking around again.


Running to show me her eggs.


Watching where she's going.


Look at that HUGE smile.


How can you resist that?


And Honey and Tony, my handsome men.


And Tony brother on his second trip on the train. He was a little too small to go on the Easter egg hunt.

1 comment:

  1. We're doing Resurrection cookies this year and an egg hunt. We do Easter baskets with goodies (all organic) to satisfy Adam, but there isn't a lot of Bunny hype.

    Auds looks precious in her little hat with her basket. I bet she had a blast. And I think you look great in the dress :)

    ReplyDelete