Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

So, when you have a new house, a new puppy, photos to edit, save the dates to design, photo shoots to actually do, two kids who aren't feeling well, boxes to unpack and a studio to decorate the most logical thing to do is take the kids to the pumpkin patch, right? Right!

I'm all about experiences. I would rather give my kids fun experiences (like going to the pumpkin patch) than buy them all the toys in the world. We got there about half an hour before it closed for the evening, which was plenty of time to find our pumpkins and take a few photos. I may have spent so much on pumpkins that they decided to stop counting. Ha!

I had a reason: our front porch has these two large urns that were just crying to have some short and stout pumpkins lying on top (white ones with orange veins, of course) with some rustic looking tall skinny ones standing in front. And then Auds had to pick out little pumpkins for everyone in the family. So we got 4 huge pumpkins and 4 baby pumpkins.

I'll try to take a picture of the pumpkins out front tomorrow, but it's cute. I'm a little giddy. We had a great time tonight. If I weren't so busy on the weekends, we'd go then because they do hayrides and face paintings and games and all sorts of stuff.

But I needed a nice relaxing evening. The kids have both had coughs for about two weeks now so I took them to the doctor this morning. Typically I don't go to the doctor except for well visits, but a lingering cough deserved a check. The culprit? Severe drainage due to insane allergies. At least it wasn't anything serious. But, I cancelled a major photo shoot this afternoon while I was on my way to the doctor just in case - I didn't want to spread any germs.

Then it was a typical two-year-old-living-here day. Auds hit the dog in the head with a curtain rod that hasn't made its way up yet. Then she got caramel all over the table and refused to eat her pickles. She wouldn't let Tony go down for his nap so he was cranky and fussy. Then she got so tired she had an accident. And I'm talking an accident. It was the Hoover Dam of accidents. Soaked herself, her clothes, the couch, HER HAIR. This required a bath.

While I was bathing her, the dog pooped in the living room and then ate it - in like 30 seconds. I smelled it happening and ran out there to find him eating it. So I had to clean the remnants and the dog - with a toddler in the tub who decided to get out, run around naked and wake her brother (who just went to sleep 30 minutes ago) up. Add to that my husband worked late and it was just peachy. Life is getting back to normal. ;)

So, all of that to say that I needed to spend some quality time with my precious little family and make some positive memories. I think we accomplished that.

Look at this beautiful girl. I can never stay mad at her.


The "Mommy" pumpkin and the "Audrey" pumpkin.

Steering the wagon.

Climbing on the pumpkins.

Checking out the petting zoo. Yes, a petting zoo with a sign "CAUTION: ANIMALS WILL BITE." How much sense does that make?

Auds getting out of the wagon. You can see a couple of my big ones there. Let's call them Bertha and Maude.

There's no pictures of little man coz he was here with me.

Happy National Babywearing Week!

My perfect little family. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Audrey is getting so big. And she is so gorgeous. Such a pretty little girl!

    And Tony. I just want to squeeze his little cheeks.

    I'm so happy to see some pictures and read how things are going - but sorry to hear that things are so hectic right now.

    I hear ya on the memorable experiences over the toys thing ;)

    ReplyDelete