Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Bloomin'

Our town has an annual flower and trade show every spring and our church has a couple of booths there. One lady in our church has a flower shop, so she orders and arranges a bunch of flowers to sell there. The guys all know how to cook well, so they'll cook hundreds of pounds of jambalaya to sell. All the proceeds they make go to help our church in various ways.

This year, we all got matching t-shirts that say "I *heart* my church" on the front with our church Web site on the back. They were pretty cute. The shirts were our ladies' fundraiser, so I bought some for Auds and myself - Honey doesn't wear t-shirts unless he's mowing the yard so he didn't get one.

Anyway, after our busy Saturday morning (hitting the farmer's market, mowing the lawn, picking up a new chair for the studio, having a nap - well, Auds and Tony), we headed down the road to help/hang out. We went out to by some jambalaya - but they sold out before we got there!


Here's our adopted youth holding Tony. She loves us so much she's offered free baby sitting for Spring and Summer Break. I've never had a sitter before, so I'm kind of excited. haha! Yeah, buddy!


Auds hanging out.


Auds found this dragon fly on a stand that she had to take down and play with. My little thief. I made sure we left it there since she stole a bee from the flower shop yesterday. It's a good thing she's cute. ;)


Tony talking. He's getting HUGE!


Auds showing her dragonfly to one of her Sunday School friends who was not happy I was taking pictures.


Auds helping to sell flowers.


Playing with an iPod.


Tony making friends.


Auds showing her dragonfly to another friend.


Auds and Honey stole my phone and my girl stole my camera to take this shot while I nursed Tony.


Auds wanted to be a true country girl and refused to wear shoes. Since I didn't know what was on the ground at the park (heaven forbid she step on something sharp!) I told her if she wanted to be barefoot she'd have to be in the mei tie. Our girl volunteered to hold Auds for me. I'm training up the next generation in babywearing. :)


Honey got some Tony time. It's the first time I've been out without one kid strapped to me. It felt weird.


Mommy and daughter in our matching shirts. I may or may not have forgotten to take a picture of the two of us at the show and this may or may not have been taken in our front yard.

Tomorrow we have church and then a big Easter celebration at the zoo (we like to make the most of our membership, can't you tell?). It'll be a blast, so look for more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of all that sunshine. Enjoy your day at the zoo!

    And mmmmm jambalaya.

    ReplyDelete