Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Perspective

My van was broken into today. While in the driveway to our house. Or, rather, shot at with a pellet gun by a delinquent youth according to the sheriff. It's not the first call they got. They didn't take anything, coz there's not anything in there but car seats and outreach stuff to take.

It's also pouring down rain in a storm of epic proportions. I hope my husband secured the plastic around the hole well enough.

And Auds is sick and has a fever.

But I could be in Job's shoes.

Honestly, I hope whoever it was took a care package and comes to church. I'd greet them with open arms.

I'm thankful to God for some much needed perspective on the situation. This could easily be a situation that could get me down, fester, and cause bitterness in my soul. But He has provided me with enough mercy and grace to not allow that to happen. For that I am grateful. $325 poorer to fix it, but grateful.

God is good.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the van, but really happy that you were able to make lemonade out of the lemons.

    ReplyDelete